Come Run/Walk for Your Health
Celebrating 20 years together! Join the Come Run/Walk for Your Health event at Whittier Park! You also have the chance to win prizes!
This non-competitive 2-km or 5-km run/walk is for people of all ages. The event is accessible to wheelchairs and strollers.
There will also be a free community picnic open to all. You don’t have to participate in the run/walk. The event is for the whole family! There will be music provided by the Winnipeg group Parazar as well as children’s activities.
The event will be held rain or shine.
Registration fees for the run/walk*:
- Adults: $20
- Youth (aged 12 to 17): $15
- Families of 4 or more: $50
- Children (aged 11 and under): Free
*A portion of the proceeds will go to Centre Flavie-Laurent. Registration fees are non-refundable.
The picnic is FREE for everyone, but you need to register.
You must register before May 30, 2019.
- Online registration for the run/walk and the picnic
- By phone: 204-233-ALLO (2556) or toll-free at 1-800-665-4443
- In person: 233-ALLÔ Information Centre, Unit 106, 147 Provencher Boulevard
Information on the Run/Walk and the Picnic:
Date: Thursday, June 6, 2019
Location: Whittier Park, 836 St. Joseph Street
Schedule: The event begins at 5:30 p.m.
- 6:00 p.m.: start of 2-km walk
- 6:30 p.m.: start of 5-km run
- 6:15 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.: community picnic
The run/walk event will not be officially timed. However, each person who finishes the run/walk will receive a finisher’s medal.
Participants will receive a snack at the end of the run/walk.
Personal belongings drop-off:
There will be a safe place to leave your belongings. This location will be supervised by volunteers.
5 km :
2 km :
Run/walk kit pick-up:
Date: June 4 or 5, 2019
Time:Noon to 8:00 p.m.
Location: Accès–Access Saint-Boniface, 170 Goulet Street, Room 390
The kits include a race number bib and a souvenir gift.
Parking in Whittier Park will not be available from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Parking will be available on the surrounding streets.
For your comfort, please bring a chair or a blanket.
- For run/walk participants: 3 gift cards from a sports equipment store
- For picnic participants only: 1 gift card from a sports equipment store
First aid services:
First aid services will be available on site during the event.
For your own safety, there is a limited time to complete the run/walk, as course support will be shut down and unmanned as of 7:45 p.m. If participants choose to continue running after 7:45 p.m., they do so at their own risk.
- The 2-km course must be completed in less than 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- The 5-km course must be completed in less than 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Safety comes first. The race director reserves the right to cancel the event if weather conditions pose a danger to participants. There will be no refunds.
We advise participants to be careful when using headphones.
Strollers and wagons are allowed for the 2-km walk, however, they must line up towards the back of the start line.
No pets, skateboards, bicycles, rollerblades, or motorized vehicles are allowed on the run/walk course.
Information: 204-233-ALLO (2556) or toll-free at 1-800-665-4443.