Primary Care Assistant
(Primary Care/Community Health Agency)
Permanent full-time (1.0 EFT) position
A career at Centre de santé Saint-Boniface provides excellent professional development opportunities in a welcoming francophone environment that promotes self-reliance, creativity and innovation. Centre de santé offers primary health care services in both official languages to the French-speaking population of Winnipeg and to the residents of St. Boniface.
Reporting to the Manager of Primary Care, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- act as receptionist for clients and service providers;
- manage appointments and schedules;
- participate in client care functions;
- maintain client charts;
- maintain site organization and environmental control;
- perform a variety of clerical support functions.
The incumbent must contribute to a respectful work environment and participate in workload sharing and coverage within the administrative support team of Centre de santé.
- Have a very good knowledge of French and English, both oral and written.
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Successful completion of a Unit Clerk Course or a Medical Office Assistant Course required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Ability to work effectively within an interdisciplinary team.
- Deal with the public in a calm, professional and diplomatic manner.
- Must be able to function effectively in a fast-moving environment with frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience maintaining medical records and filing systems, compiling statistics and processing personal health information.
$18.88 – $21.44 / hour (MGEU)
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
To apply, please send your résumé and cover letter by October 3, 2018, to:
Centre de santé Saint-Boniface
170 Goulet Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R2H 0R7
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.