Health Promotion and Education Nurse
Temporary part-time position (0.5 EFT)
Duration: December 2018 until June 2020
(Maternity leave of absence term which may expire sooner than indicated, subject to at least two weeks’ written notice)
A career at Centre de santé Saint-Boniface provides excellent professional development opportunities in a welcoming francophone environment that promotes self-reliance, creativity and innovation.
Centre de santé offers primary health care services in both official languages to the French-speaking population of Winnipeg and to the residents of St. Boniface.
Working under the general supervision of the Manager of Allied Health and Community Services and as part of an interdisciplinary team, the health promotion and education nurse is responsible for:
- providing professional health promotion services to the community.
- implementing, coordinating and providing Centre de santé’s health education programs.
- supporting and guiding the interdisciplinary team with research, development, implementation and evaluation of programs and educational services based on agency and community profiles.
Community Development and Health Promotion
- Establish and facilitate liaison between the Centre de santé’s interdisciplinary team and health professionals, community groups and agencies dealing with issues related to community development and health promotion.
- Actively engage and assist Centre de santé’s interdisciplinary team with the research, assessment, planning, development, implementation, evaluation, revision and coordination of community programming and services.
- Work with the interdisciplinary team and develop an annual action plan for staff training.
- Develop, evaluate, implement and provide the education programs and sessions identified.
- Prepare education-related reports, presentations and recommendations.
- Lead and participate in the research, review, development, modification, implementation and evaluation of:
- clinical policies, procedures and processes;
- quality initiatives.
- Review required operational practices established within the accreditation process and provide feedback and guidance on implementation when appropriate.
Public and Community Education
- Actively engage with and assist the interdisciplinary team in researching, developing and evaluating health education materials and information.
- Maintain ties with community groups and other health and social service agencies by attending meetings and community events.
- Critically review relevant health-promotion and research literature.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- A post-graduate degree (master’s) awarded by a recognized university in the health or social science field (an asset).
- Certificate of Practice issued by the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba.
- Five to seven years of experience in a community setting, public health or health education and promotion.
- Experience as a clinical and community educator.
- In-depth knowledge of health promotion as well as community development and program assessment principles.
- Understanding of the principles of health equity, population health assessment, disease and injury prevention, health promotion and health surveillance.
- Research, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in French and English, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work a variable schedule so as to take part in meetings and activities that take place outside normal work hours.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record check, Adult Abuse Registry check and Child Abuse Registry check.
$37.91 – $50.00 / hour (MGEU)
To apply, please send your résumé and cover letter to:
Centre de santé Saint-Boniface
170 Goulet Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R2H 0R7
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bilingual/French requirement nursing position grant may be available to you: : www.gov.mb.ca/health/nurses/bfrng.html