(Walk-In Connected Care Clinic – Accès–Access Saint-Boniface)
Various permanent part-time positions
Centre de santé Saint-Boniface is seeking team players for the positions of Nurse Practitioner to work in a clinic that is designed to serve all residents of Winnipeg who require immediate non-urgent health care, after regular office hours.
These positions provide excellent professional development opportunities in a welcoming francophone environment that promotes self-reliance, creativity and innovation.
Under the general supervision of the Programs and Operations Manager and as a member of a team, the Nurse Practitioner is responsible for:
- Ordering appropriate screening and diagnostic tests and interpreting test results.
- Determining and prescribing treatments based on evidence-informed practice.
- Documenting clinical care accurately and appropriately.
- Applying pharmacology principles when selecting and prescribing drugs.
- Coordinating and facilitating care by liaising with other health care providers, organizations and community resources.
- Providing counselling and education services to clients and their families.
- Participating in the professional development of nurses and other health professionals and supervising the activities of nursing student interns.
- Master of Nursing Degree, Nurse Practitioner Program Degree or equivalent educational qualifications as approved by the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (Category of practice: NP family / all ages).
- Have an excellent knowledge of French and English, both oral and written.
- Advanced nursing care knowledge related to health assessment, diagnostic, pharmacotherapeutics, invasive and minor surgical procedures.
- Experience working across sectors and linking between programs/organizations considered an asset.
- Ability to work in a computerized environment.
- Cardiopulmonary training for family and friends.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Adult Abuse Registry check and Child Abuse Registry check.
$46.07 to $55.707 / hour (MGEU)
To apply, please send your résumé and cover letter by May 31, 2018 to:
Centre de santé Saint-Boniface
170 Goulet Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R2H 0R7
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
• Bilingual/French requirement nursing position grant may be available to you: www.gov.mb.ca/health/nurses/bfrng.html