Update: Centre de santé Saint-Boniface and COVID-19
Given the evolving COVID-19 situation, Centre de santé is taking all necessary measures to protect our clients and staff. We continue to follow strict cleaning and disinfecting guidelines recommended by Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living (MHSAL), Shared Health Manitoba, as well as the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC).
Clients and visitors can expect COVID-19 assessment measures upon arrival. If clients are ill or have travelled domestically or internationally in the past 14 days, or if they have been instructed to self-monitor or self-isolate, we strongly encourage them to stay home for the well-being of all.
Manitobans experiencing flu or cold-like symptoms no longer require a referral from Health Links – Info Santé or their family physician before heading to a community site for COVID-19 testing. Anyone with symptoms is still encouraged to use the online screening tool to determine whether they meet the necessary criteria to be tested.
Community screening sites in Winnipeg are open daily from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.:
- Drive-Thru Community Testing Sites: 15 Barnes Street and 1284 Main Street.
- St. James Assiniboia Centennial Pool and Fitness Centre: 644 Parkdale Street.
- Sergeant Tommy Prince Place: 90 Sinclair Street.
- Thunderbird House: 715 Main Street.
If you are unsure if you need to be tested, you are advised to refer to the online screening tool or to call Health Links– Info Santé at 204-788-8200 or toll-free at 1-888-315-9257 for guidance.
Primary Care (consultations with: doctors, nurse practitioner or nursing staff)
- At this time, we will continue to see clients for priority appointments, but are scaling back non-urgent and non-priority appointments.
- To minimize the risk of transmission of COVID-19, please consider cancelling any non-essential appointments at Centre de santé.
- Did you know that in certain cases our healthcare providers can provide consultations to their clients by phone? If you think your consultation could be done over the phone, please let us know.
Some prescriptions can be renewed by your primary care provider without a visit. Please call your pharmacy and ask them to fax a list of your required medications to your primary care provider.
Allied Care (consultations with: mental health counsellors, social worker, dietitians, exercise specialist, etc.)
At this time, we will continue to offer consultations for priority appointments, primarily by phone. If you have an appointment, expect your provider to contact you in advance to discuss options or to reschedule if your appointment isn’t urgent.
Health and Wellness Programs
All health and wellness programs provided by Centre de santé or in conjunction with My Health Team are suspended until further notice.
Walk-In Connected Care Clinic (WICC)
We are asking that all clients who meet the following criteria call Health Links–Info Santé at 2047888200 or toll-free at 1-888-315-9257 to start the screening process:
- Have travelled domestically or internationally within 14 days prior to onset of illness
- Have come into contact with someone who has or is suspected of having COVID-19
- Have had close contact with someone with flu-like symptoms who has travelled domestically or internationally within 14 days prior to onset of illness
- Have been exposed to laboratory specimens of people who may have been infected with COVID-19
- Have signs or symptoms suggestive of COVID-19 including cough, fever, sore throat, runny nose, weakness and headache.
Check this Web page and our Facebook page regularly for updates.
Thank you for your consideration and understanding as we continue to monitor the situation.
If you have any questions, please call us at 204-940-1155 or send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org