Bilingual clinical psychologist – Primary Care
Part-time* Permanent (.6 EFT)
*there may be opportunities to combine another part time position in the Clinical Health Psychology Program to offer a permanent full time position, depending on training, skills, and interest.
The Clinical Health Psychology (CHP) Program, in partnership with Centre de santé, Saint-Boniface is seeking a clinical psychologist for a newly funded position to provide consultation, psychological treatment, psychodiagnostic and cognitive assessment, and clinical programming development, as part of an interdisciplinary team in a primary care setting.
Clinical services are primarily in adult mental health, with opportunity for broader lifespan and chronic disease services. This is a designated bilingual (French/English) position, based at Centre de santé Saint-Boniface.
Clinical Health Psychology is a program of the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (WRHA) and Shared Health, and is mandated to provide psychological services across the lifespan from infants to seniors in the WRHA/Shared Health sites and facilities. The successful candidate would be on medical staff with the Clinical Health Psychology Program, and part of a large, vibrant provincially-networked organization of clinical psychologists and neuropsychologists.
- Doctoral degree (PhD or PsyD) in Clinical Psychology from a CPA- or APA-accredited training program
- Completion of a CPA- or APA-accredited internship/residency in Clinical Psychology
- Registered or eligible to be registered as a C.Psych. by the Psychological Association of Manitoba.
- Education, training and clinical experience in a range of evidence-based psychological treatments, and individual &group treatment delivery with adults
- Education, training and clinical experience in psychodiagnostic evaluation and cognitive assessment, including the administration and interpretation of standard adult psychological tests and measures
- Experience with consultation to other health care providers and clinical teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and inter-professional team work skills
- Education training and clinical experience in assessment and treatment with children and adolescents would be an asset
- Experience in a primary care setting would be an asset.
- Proficiency in both French and English language for professional written and oral communication required.
Salary and Benefits
- Placement on the WRHA Psychologist 2 salary scale will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- The WRHA offers an attractive benefits package
- Supervision will be provided by the CHP Program for individuals at the Psychologist Candidate (C.Psych Cand) level until fully registered as a C.Psych with the provincial regulatory body.
Current professional liability insurance and Criminal Record check, including Vulnerable Sector search, Adult and Child Abuse Registry checks, are conditions of employment.
If interested, please submit your CV (in English and French) and your application through WRHA Careers at the following link:
Deadline for initial review of applications is January 17, 2020; applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
If you have any questions or would like further information, you are welcome to contact:
Dr. Lesley Graff
Medical Director, Clinical Health Psychology Program & Professor and Head, Clinical Health Psychology Department, Max Rady College of Medicine, University of Manitoba
firstname.lastname@example.org ou email@example.com (admin.)