Primary Health Care Dietitian
Temporary full-time position (1.0 EFT) (February 2020 to April 2021)
(Maternity leave of absence term which may expire sooner than indicated, subject to minimum notice of two weeks)
A career at Centre de santé Saint-Boniface provides excellent professional development opportunities in a welcoming francophone environment that promotes self-reliance, creativity and innovation. Centre de santé offers primary health care services in both official languages to the French-speaking population of Winnipeg and to the residents of St. Boniface.
Under the general supervision of the Programs and Operations Manager and as part of an interdisciplinary team, the Primary Health Care Dietitian is responsible for providing professional services to Centre de santé clients and the community, and planning and implementing nutrition projects or initiatives.
The Dietitian is also responsible for providing nutritional advice to individuals, couples, families, the interdisciplinary team or groups, and participating in the planning, development and evaluation of Centre de santé nutrition services provided in the community. The Dietitian operates as an independent nutrition expert within the primary health care team.
Planning and implementing nutrition projects or initiatives
- Work with the public, public health organizations, local organizations and private partners to promote healthy eating.
- Provide nutrition expertise to the public, including through community programs.
Performing nutritional needs assessments
- Meet with clients, family members and others to assess nutrition needs and develop action plans for nutrition and nutrition therapy practice.
- Work with clients to develop and implement an action plan that requires client involvement, strengthens health skills and promotes self-reliance; monitor and evaluate the results of clients’ work.
- Develop and obtain nutrition education resources to meet nutritional needs.
- Refer clients to other appropriate health care providers, as required.
- Critically review relevant health-promotion and research literature.
- Participate in research activities, as appropriate.
- Participate in defining goals, objectives, and priorities for Centre de santé.
- Provide consulting services to internal and external health professionals, as well as organizations and committees, on nutrition and healthy foods.
- Participate in the orientation of students, interns and new team members.
- Three years of experience in counselling, clinical nutrition and community nutrition.
- Registered Dietitian in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Manitoba.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both French and English.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition and Food Science from a recognized university or Bachelor of Science with a specialization in Nutrition and Food Science.
- Be able to work a variable schedule in order to participate in meetings and activities outside normal working hours.
- Ability to work in a computerized environment.
- Excellent communication, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in French within an interdisciplinary team.
- Extensive knowledge of community resources and social and government networks.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record check, Adult Abuse Registry check and Child Abuse Registry check.
$28,047 to $37,543 / hour (MAHCP)
To apply online
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.